Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

gsm based electronic noticeboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chiwable

i would like to do a project of electronic noticeboard using a microcontroller pic16f628 for my diploma but do not have the knowhow. could you please help me. i know that i need a gsm modem, a db9 connector and 16x2 lcd. i dont know the connections.

You need to do some research (something they should teach you in class).

Google for "PIC and 16x2 LCD" and learn how to use them and make those two items work together.

Then google for "PIC and GSM modem" and learn about how to make those two items work together.

Likewise for "PIC and DB9 serial".

Good luck with your diploma.

thank you mr rb abd allen. i now kon the connections but i dont have the code. i am using pic16f628a connected to gsm modem through a max232. i am also using lcd hitachi 16x2. can anyone help. c or assmbly language.

thank you mr rb and allen. i now have the knowledge how to do the connections but i dont have the code. i connected the gsm modem to pic16f628a through max232 and i am using hitachi 16x2 lcd. can anyone help please.

hie. i have a usb gsm modem and i would like to interface it with a pic16f628a. these are available on the local market and other options are not available. the problem is i have a usb to rs232 serial adapter. can i use this by providing the 5v to vcc of usb and use max232 between rs232 and microcontroller. if its possible to do so is there need for a specific program for that.

Instead of using the USB->RS232 adapter, I would just buy a USB->TTLserial adapter. They are about $3, and will allow you to directly connect to the PIC USART pins.

thank you friends for your help i managed to do the project. i used pic 16f876, gsm modem dual band Q2403 with RS232 interface and max232. the project was partially working as i was able to send a message whenever a new message comes but i could not decode the message such that it could be displayed on the noticeboard. meaningless text was displayed on the lcd. i just want to rectify the problem out of intrest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back