Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ground referencing a differential input signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

giaracam

Im trying to do a project that requires measurement of a voltage across a resistor in a voltage divider network. I tried the circuit below, but i wasnt able to get correct output. I have a 2.8Vdc across a resistor, Vr, but the output was different. I got a .7V output.

I am only limited to a single supply voltage for the opamp. I used a LM358 opamp and I adapted the circuit from the datasheet of LM358.

Is it really necessary to have a dual supply for the opamp??
Is there any other circuit I can use for this purpose??
help!!!!!!!!!! :(

Attachments

• grnd.gif
    grnd.gif
    10.3 KB · Views: 1,162
giaracam said:

No, but you do need to generate a split rail - as it is you're referencing to the negative supply rail. Using a split supply rail will mean that the output will vary around that voltage, presumably half the supply rail.

Also, as you don't show the rest of the circuit, it's hard to know what other connections there are that could affect things - assuming the opamp is using the same supply?.

giaracam said:
Im trying to do a project that requires measurement of a voltage across a resistor in a voltage divider network. I tried the circuit below, but i wasnt able to get correct output. I have a 2.8Vdc across a resistor, Vr, but the output was different. I got a .7V output.

I am only limited to a single supply voltage for the opamp. I used a LM358 opamp and I adapted the circuit from the datasheet of LM358.

Is there any other circuit I can use for this purpose??
help!!!!!!!!!! :(

What is the max common mode voltage for your circuit (Vcm)? What are you using for the positive supply rail of the op amp?

Does the current through your Rsense resistor ever reverse direction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back