Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ground planes with high voltage circuits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

geowal19

So I'm making a little PSU for a particular microphone that requires 120Vdc. Due to regulation and a high degree of smoothing the AC input will be 140Vrms and this approx. 200Vdc in parts. I'm interested in a ground plane to both keep ground impedances low and to fill the board with copper otherwise it's going to be very sparse. I have used 1mm clearances across the entire board including the ground plane. Should I go more? Can someone point me to some regulations that commercial products have to stick by?

Thanks

Also make sure that said 120V cannot ever get on the shield and chassis of the microphone. You certainly don't want your performers to get shocked on contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back