Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ground Noise from PC into Electronics

Status
Not open for further replies.

pavjayt

Hello,

I am having some ground noise problem with my electronics that are connected to PC via BNCs. My PC has a FPGA in it that has a couple of VGA to BNC cables that are connected to my electronics box that has SMA outputs (using SMA->BNC cables). I have connected my electronics box and PC and Oscilloscope all into a ISOBAR that is connected to a single outlet to keep the grounds at the same level. When I look at one of the traces generated from my electronics box, I see some noise that you can watch in the attachment (PC not connected.zip that contains a mp4 file) and this noise gets worse when I connect it to PC. The signal I am looking at is not directly connected to PC but other outputs on that same board are connected to PC.

Any suggestions to reduce this noise? Meanwhile, I will keep trying to figure out where exactly its coming from.

thanks

Attachments

• PC Not Conneced.zip
    24.4 MB · Views: 138
  • PC Connected.zip
    17.6 MB · Views: 190
  • PC Connected.png
    PC Connected.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 152
  • PC not connected.png
    PC not connected.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 152