Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ground loop isolator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggy238

Hello.

I have a small set of sony speakers that were originally intended to be used for an mp3 play, but I bought them to use with my PC. Since the speakers are internally powered, i have this terrible ground loop "Hum" that I want to gt rid of. I think it's partially coused by the way that this apartment building is wired, but i'm not entirely sure.

Anyway, I either need a schematic with components I can score from radioshack, or I need another solution.

Anything is helpful,
Kyle

Hello.

I have a small set of sony speakers that were originally intended to be used for an mp3 play, but I bought them to use with my PC. Since the speakers are internally powered, i have this terrible ground loop "Hum" that I want to gt rid of. I think it's partially coused by the way that this apartment building is wired, but i'm not entirely sure.

Anyway, I either need a schematic with components I can score from radioshack, or I need another solution.

Anything is helpful,
Kyle

If the Sony speakers have a wall plug that is not polarized, try reversing the orientation of the plug (i.e. switch around which prong goes into which hole). Sometimes this helps.

Otherwise, you might find it useful to plug both your PC and your speakers into the same power bar or wall outlet if they aren't already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back