Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Gremlins - Relays. AC. CAPS. RB0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latching relays come in two flavours...single or double coil. The double coil type is 'set' by energising one coil and 'reset' by energising the other. The single coil type is 'set' by energising its coil with one polarity and is 'reset' by energising it with the reverse polarity; hence it needs a polarity marking.

Yes - that makes sense - but my coil has the polarity marking BUT has 2 coils. I have not tried to reverse the polarity to see what happens. I have added the diodes as suggested by Wp100 (which I left out as I thought it might have some built in or something)

This now brings another question up - if you have a single coil latch relay, that you must reverse the polarity to 'flip the switch' - how do you attach protecting diodes? Or you don’t have to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back