Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

graphics display

Status
Not open for further replies.

spuffock

I have inherited a box of graphic displays, marked TOSHIBA TLC-341.
They have a 2 chips type T6961 on the back, and a 12 pin edge connector.
There doesn't seem to be a controller chip. I've tried feeding one some random signals to see if anything comprehensible happens. and I've managed to get both vertical and horizontal bars, but that's about all . Anyone have any ideas on how to drive it?

..a 4 year old post :) well hope this helps someone.

I have a control unit (handheld) I purchased surplus, "Takenaka IMC100EP"
It uses a TLC-341G7J AK display. The display uses the T6961A devices you mention.

It is supported by a second board that uses (2) HM6116 2kBx8 RAM and (2) Hitachi HD61830B00 controllers. It also has a bias generator for VEE and 5V Vdd supply.

The connecting cable is labeled with the signal names going to the display. Looking at the back of the display board , connections to the left, top to bottom:

VDD, NC, NC, D2, D1, CP, LP, FR, FP, VEE, GND, NC

The connections labeled NC have wires but do not appear to have connecting circuits on the driving board. The Control Unit itself was apparently designed to operate off of 12V DC. I found that the pin connections to the Handheld (DB15P) pin 1 is +12V , PINS 8/15 are ground. I have not been able to start up the display as yet since I am still tracing out the many data connections from this connector to the rest of the board. It has a keyboard 4x4 matrix panel and an audio buzzer.

A lookupup of the HD61830 turned up a pdf datasheet, that has a diagram for a 2 chip solution on a split display similar to the handheld. This would suggest the display has a upper and lower section that is driven in tandem. The 2 devices are accessed separately via the databus when accessing the display.

I too would like to get more info on this device, or the control unit for hobby purposes. Good luck if you are still out there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back