Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Graphic LCD with PICbasic pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

amindzo

Hi,i want to learn how can i write on graphic LCD? How can i make custom characters? How can i make new fonts in other languages? This is may first time. I bought TS12864A-2 v1.1 graphic LCD.I use PICbasic pro 2.5 and PIC16F877A.could you send me a PDF file or website that help me(PIC projects with graphic LCD)? I also could not find the complete datasheet of the LCD.

Last edited:
How can i make custom characters? How can i make new fonts in other languages?
Any answer?
Did a quick Google. Found what I think is the correct datasheet. It should help you get started.

I haven't read through the datasheet enough to say whether the character generator can use custom characters. If it won't then you'll have to build your own font and code up a way to display it properly in graphic mode.

View attachment 12864_datasheet.pdf

Last edited:
thanks,it is very useful,could you send me some examples in pibasic or a website that has some project about graphic LCD and PIC microcontrollers?

Amindzo's LCD use KS0108 controller, while the PDF show for a T6963... both are different...

I already directed Amindzo to some link on another forum.
Graphic LCD with PICbasic pro - MEL PICBASIC Forum
Oh! If it's a KS0108 then there is no character generator. It's all graphic. You build your own fonts and code up a way to display them. There's an **broken link removed** with some demo code.

thanks but it's in C and i use picbasic pro 2.5.could you send me something like this in picbasic?
Nope. You can't even read C enough to understand it? If not I guess you Google for code.

Here's a link to the KS0108 datasheet.

Found the company and the exact product. It's made by Shenzhen Techstar Electronics Co., Ltd. Here's the **broken link removed**. There's a datasheet link there, but it downloads an unknown type file that I can't read so far.

EDIT: I figured out the datasheet file. It's a RAR file, but has no rar extension. After adding the extension and unrarring it, the filename is illegal. After fixing that I have a datasheet for you. I love Google! :D View attachment TS12864A-2.pdf

Last edited:
let's see this, i think i find the complete datasheet:

Attachments

• TS12864A-2(blue).pdf
    259.9 KB · Views: 7,112
Looks like you find the right one Amindzo. Keep Futz's links handy too, they give you more informations, which are always welcome...

Maybe not a bad idea to have a look at this calc too

Hi again,imagine that i want to write "A" on this LCD,could you send me a sample code with picbasic pro that help me to know how can i work with this LCD?

could you explain more about graphic LCD? what is X,Y and Z address? how can i write on LCD? how can i make custom fonts on LCD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back