Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

grabador todopic usb summer 2005 windows 7 driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

normad

i got my hands on grabador todopic usb summer 2005 pic programmer. its based on a pic18f chip but the driver that came alone with it is not recognized by windows 7.
does anyone have a windows 7 driver that works for this programmer? or would the usb driver provided by microchip for the 18f2550 work for this? will i have to modify it? if so how?
please help. im desperate on this :)

sigh i guess im out of luck on this.. can someone atleast tell me how to modify the usb driver provided with microchip to suit a certain application

You can always install XP mode for windows 7: **broken link removed**

This basically allows you to run a windows xp system inside windows 7 - with support for usb devices.
The virtual XP can take control of a real USB device and use XP drives for it - all from within windows 7 - i run my old scanner like that :D

oh i dont have an installer for this driver.. im supposed to direct my add hardware wizard to the location of the driver provided.. would it still work? cause i heard the driver would install even if you set the installer in compatibility mode.. but my problem is that i dont have an installer

It'll work. Once you got it installed and run xp mode there'll be a button called "USB" on the top. If you click it you can have xp mode take control of any usb device. Once xp mode has control over it it'll work and behave just as it would on a real xp system.

help!

Hi!Thanks for the aids, well... I´m on similar situation but i can´t figure this out, the XP mode really works in Win 7 with "todopic usb summer 2005 pic programmer" The light swapped to green color in my programmer, so driver works well, but when I go to "Winpic800 ver 3.55b" and click "Hardware Test" it says "Failed to open Ind.#0"= "No se pudo abrir Ind.#0"

What´s the problem? I have this programmer as a homework of my teacher and after making a good design and assembling it´s a pity just throw it to the trash, you know!
Thank you in advance guys!

Attachments

• Pic_programmer_Oscar.JPG
    Pic_programmer_Oscar.JPG
    224.6 KB · Views: 1,946
  • GTP-usb problem.JPG
    GTP-usb problem.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 3,070
yeah i had the same problem.. after some hunting on the internet it appeared to be something wrong with the power supply of the usb.. are you using an acer laptop by any chance? i couldnt find a solution.. id very much appreciate it if anyone does have a solution :)

As you can see I have a Dell laptop and I checked the usb supply in my pcb, there is no problem! i got 5 volts, that´s it! The 13.5 volts only appear when you are programing, so What´s wrong with the power? Please, let me know what you found on the internet,.......and yeah man, please, has anyone a solution? Thanks

Attachments

• Photo0502.jpg
    Photo0502.jpg
    748.9 KB · Views: 1,216
  • Photo0509.jpg
    Photo0509.jpg
    811.8 KB · Views: 1,765
i cant find that article.. ill post it if i do.. its something to do with the usb driver chip of certain laptops not being able to provide the required power.. of course there should be 5v but maybe it drops as current is drawn.. this is issue is with laptops because they are bundled up with lots of power saving features.. im not 100% sure if thats the cause.. but it seems logical enough to me :) i kinda gave up on my thing and started using an xp machine in my uni..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back