Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Gr47 - Gsm Module Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrodrigo

Hi guys,

I am developing a avl based product and I'm having a little difficult with this GR47 module... It doesn't have good examples and the IDE is not good :(

I need basically receive gps data via uart2 or uart3 and filter this data.

Does anyone have some uart example for this module ?? Some script to help me ???

At this moment I can receive data on uart with basic comands from IDE Help, but I can't filter, manage, control the incoming data...

Hope anyone can help me
Thanks a lot

:D

Hi, I am currently developing on the GR47 as well.

I thought that it provided a small library to communicate with the GPS unit. The filtering is up to you. Remeber that the language is only a C like script, and doesn't handle pointers too well (or anything else for that matter).

What are you trying to filter on?

Just also to remind you that the GR47 is at its end of line stage. Wavecom brought out Sony-Ericson M2M, and are producing a GM64 which is meant to be compatible (I'm still waiting on our suppliers).

Just out of curiosity, when you type atd*99***1# do you get a CONNECT followed by PPP packets? or just CONNECT?

Gr47 !!!

Hi !!!

With all dificults of the C based script, my project is being developed using an external microprocessor PIC (Microchip)... Then, I can control everything I want with a big facility...and using Assembler language :D (this is great for me)

I did not make tests with the atd*99***1# because all my firmware is based on AT commands, with UDP connection on a static IP.

Now everything is working very well, I did the layout, the prototype board and it is assembled on my desk.

Related to the Wavecom, I already knew this notice, I'm developing with GR47, but in the future I'll use the GR64, they are pin to pin compatible...I have a sample here !

AT commands, with UDP connection on a static IP.

Yes, for me it looks like too, BUT AS I TOLD, my firmware is based on at commands WITH UDP AND STATIC IP ...not PPP as our friend ask me..

I can write with bigger font if you need !

Hi Nigel, I think that Mr wrodrigo is using the sony-ericson M2M AT commands. These include AT*E2IPA ,AT*E2IPO, and AT*E2IPC to activate a context, Open a connection and Close a connection. Once open anything that goes in or out UART1 of the GR47 hopefully gets mirrored on the socket at the other end.

I was hoping that someone has managed to use an external stack of the GR47 and not use the internal one. Every attempt seems to result in the internal stack trying to take over???

Hi, i'd like to know about power supply for turning on GR47 as it requires up to 2A while transmission peak.
Any helps would be greatly appreciated.

Hi skywalker, I'm using a LM3576 switching regulator down from 9 volts, as for the peeks I have a 4700uF cap before the regulator, and a 3300uF cap as part of the regulator circuit (mentioned in the design notes). In practice I haven't seen it draw more than an amp (using dial up, or GRPS).

As for turning it on / off, I'm using a attiny15 microcontroller to monitor the 2.7volt line and control the on/off pins of the regulator, and the on/off toggle pin of the GR47. I did this as the power cycling procedure needs to be controlled better than the RC network they suggest. If you have another micro on board I would suggest using spare pins of that.

Hi igofone, many thanks for your help. But I still confuse, why we must monitor 2.7v line as GR74 operates with 3.6v line according to datasheet.
Would you help me by sending your schematic(pdf based if you don't mind) for turning module on/off and monitoring line to my email: andrian.kusnanto@gmail.com

Thank you

Hi everyone!

First of all, sorry about my poor english. I was searching some related infos about GR47 modules and found this amazing post. Everyone seems to know a lot about it :) and are really helping each other. A few days ago, I bought two "little box" containing a GR47 and a Tyco A1029-A (GPS module). I'd like to use them in my own Car Tracking System. Do I have to use a uC to program them (GPS and GSM)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back