Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GPS tracking

Status
Not open for further replies.

sram

Hello folks! Say that I installed a GPS device in about 100 vehicles I want to track....in my control center, how many recievers do I need to be able to track all vehicles? Will one be enough? Assuming that it has so many channels

Thanks.

You need a GPS reciever in each vehicle.

You then need to get the position information from each vehicle back to the control centre. In just about all countries it is illegal use a powerful enough transmitter to get a useful range for a direct radio link, and you are not going to be allowed to use 100 separate frequencies. You are then looking at a system where each vehicle transmits in turn, and you might be able to make use of meshing networks, where each vehicle can pass on data from others.

The obvious thing to use is the GSM network. There are lots of designs on the web that work like that.

Or buy the whole lot, ready made, from us. Blatant commercial plug. www.on-trak.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back