Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GPS System

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCBElectronic

Hello. I was surprised when I found this forum with so many users.
I am from Romania and I hope you understand my English.

I realy ned your help !!!

I wanth to build a GPS sistem for car (The GPS sistem is wath helps you guide - with maps - that's what i know)
How can you help me: - a lot of clear informations about the GPS sistem and how it works;
-ALL the schematics that I need for building this;
-The soft that I need to right in the microcontrolers
I hope you can help me !
Thanks very much!
Vlad

I believe Elektor Electronics covered the topic of GPS Electronics and detailed an in-house developed project using the technology in a recent issue. The entire issue had a general topic concerned with wireless communications, so look for this issue in their back issues section.

Brian

ThermalRunaway said:
I believe Elektor Electronics covered the topic of GPS Electronics and detailed an in-house developed project using the technology in a recent issue. The entire issue had a general topic concerned with wireless communications, so look for this issue in their back issues section.

Brian

? where is this issue ? I'm new on the forum and + I told you I am from Romania

Elektor Electronics is a UK Electronics magazine which is published monthly. Elektor Electronics actually offer the article I was reffering to as a PDF download, and the software to go with the article is provided for free.

Go here:- **broken link removed**

Hope this helps

Brian

Yes you're right, but it is published here in the UK and I didn't want to confuse the issue. I actually thought it was a German magazine though, but Dutch makes more sense.

Brian

PCBElectronic said:
can anybody help ? :cry:

You can buy GPS modules (there's no way you're going to build one!), the modules provide a serial output, and you can feed that to a micro-controller of your choice. After that it's all software!.

PCBElectronic said:
than wath's this ? https://www.gpskit.nl/index.html
just a GPS receiver ? and you have to buy and put a gps sistem on that receiver ?

It's a GPS receiver module PLUS a support board, which on a quick glance looks like it provides power and an RS232 interface to connect to a PC.

You would need to connect it to a laptop computer in your car (it would presumably interface to autoroute or similar?), or create your own micro-controller based computer and do it all your self?.

I wanth to know t obuild a full gps system from the begining till the end and to work of course
can somebody help me in finding all the schematics and all the software that I need?

PCBElectronic said:
I wanth to know t obuild a full gps system from the begining till the end and to work of course
can somebody help me in finding all the schematics and all the software that I need?
What have you built before? I don'y think you have any idea how complex a system GPS really is!

Yes I have a lot of ideeas about how complex a gps system is
And I think I am able to make a GPS system if I have all the diagrams and al the soft for the microcontrolers that I need , but sems like nobody can help me finding all the diagrams and all I need :( an I tought that from almost 40000 users on this forum maybe just one is gonna help me but ... :(

PCBElectronic said:
And I think I am able to make a GPS system if I have all the diagrams and al the soft for the microcontrolers that I need

Well, who wouldn't?

That's the point of making it yourself. You have to open notepad (or whatever program you use) and start coding! Noone will make a huge and complex program for you. And to be able to do that you must have the knowledge of how GPS works. And that you said you have (?), so why not start doing it, istead of trying to get other to make it to you?

I don't know if you checked out that link I gave you but, for a very modest fee you can download a PDF of an article on GPS systems from Elektor Electronics' website along with a working project they created, the schematics and also the software for the microcontroller.

Brian

hey I saw the link and the issue is cool I wish I had it here :(
I just lose my credit card right now and i am not able to buy the pdf, but i think i will used my friend credit card if he's ok
and if i buy that article i will be able to make a hole gps system from the begining till the end ?

a GPS from beginning to end?

thats a hard one

i dont know how their programs work but i know that you need a GPS receiver, GPS software, and a computer like a PDA or laptop

i have GPS on my Dell PDA

i use a deluo GPS receiver, routis GPS software and a Dell Axim PDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back