Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

gps receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

farman

hello friends
i am a student of electronics . i am making a project about gps receiver , if any one can help me in making this project i will be thankful to him.

i have zx4120 gps module.i want to built my own gps nevegation system . i need complete circuit diagram .please help me

Last edited:
Then draw one.

Sceadwian said:
Then draw one.

Well said mate.

I'm sick of getting private PM's on help me design my final year project and threads like this DO deserve ridicule :D :D :D

i am new to this forum. i dont say that design the whole project for me . i need directions, links, etc. the project is to disply the data of the module on the lcd using microcontroller ......

give us some of YOUR ideas first! Then we will be GLAD to help you! Seriously! Show some effort, and you WILL get help!

You will need a regulated power supply for the module (5v or 3.3v). You will need an antenna designed for a GPS.

Your module, like most GPS modules out there, outputs NMEA 0183 which is simply serial data that can be read by any microcontroller such as a PIC. It can also be plugged straight into a PC and read by common software. This will give you latitude and longitude. Your controller can calculate speed from the change in lat/long over time. Accuracy is inconsistent, often in the low 10's of feet, sometimes 50, 100, even 300 ft.

How that becomes a navigation system is up to you. You may need a vehicle speed sensor, a magnetic compass, inertial sensors (accelerometers), and rotational sensors (gyros). Software for decent vehicle road navigation is quite complicated. It needs to place you on a road even though the GPS position error may place you inside a nearby building. At times the error is large enough to place you on the wrong road although common sense would show if the position has shown you 30 ft east of your real location on the actual highway for the past 10 miles and a new road suddenly shows up 30 ft east of the highway, you aren't actually on the new road even though that's where the position data said you were.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back