Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Gps or remote control?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimmer

Hello, I discoverd a item taped with Black tape under my car a few days ago. I have tried Google image and I still have No clue what it is. I have a reason to belive it might be a kind of gps but would like to know for sure what it is. Does anyone know what it might be?
Screenshot_20210521_172753.jpg

Screenshot_20210521_172718.jpg

Screenshot_20210521_171252.jpg

It looks to be a personal attack alarm - it just makes a loud noise when activated, to try and scare off an attacker or attract attention.

Edit - similar ones, from a quick look through google images:
s-l400.jpg

Why on earth would it be taped under his car? Someone trying to play a noisy trick, perhaps?

That it could be a kind of alarm have crossed my mind but there is no light or any sound when I press or pull anything on it.

Maybe the battery is flat. Investigation by unscrewing the screws and looking inside will confirm what it is. But it definitely looks like a personal alarm (also can be attached to keys, handbag etc so if it's snatched they are taking screaming goods). You have to pull the pin right out to set it off.

I feel like there should be chant: pull the chain, pull the chain, pull...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back