Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GPS for tracking packages

Status
Not open for further replies.

spelter

Hi,
I have thought of an idea for tracking packages using GPS.My father owns a transport company and we are thinking of implementing it for our company.

Here is the idea( which i also sent to NASA design contest) with the block diagram-
**broken link removed** ... tryID=1044

Now i want to start by just interfacing a GPS(see the link above for details).So is it better to buy modules or use receiver chips?

Regards
Spelter

Tracking vehicles by GPS is commonplace, I don't see how you could do it with packages? (due to lack of satellite reception) - never mind the expense involved.

If you want to experiment you need to buy modules, building your own would probably be too difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back