Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GPS Comms ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenrett

Hi everyone.

I have a little project im working on for fun and need some serious advice , help and assistance. Here in South Africa we have a race where a bunch of buggies make alot of dust and make it nearly impossible to keep track of whats happening in the race.

What I am planning to set up is a system where each car has one of those 4Hz GPS modules, which then transmitts the coordinates of the car if possible to a display system that then displays blips (much like radar) representing the position (and hense) movement of the cars. The max range is more or less 5km (+-3 Miles) with trees and hills in between.

And since the mobile operators and service providers here in SA are greedy and bad at their jobs simultaneously using any cell tech will fail, just like my calls.

I am an Aeronautical Engineering student so please feel free to use baby talk.

Any help will be greatly appreciated and used.

Click on this link. Last time I went flying.

Google "Amateur Radio APRS"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back