Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Gould DSO-400 Digital Storage Oscilloscope CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmn_tech

Gould DSO-400 Digital Storage Oscilloscope

Hi I've acquired the above oscilloscope however the CRT is damaged and I am unable to identify the type or locate a service manual.

Any help you guys can provide would be appreciated.

The CRT label has the following information.

TOSHIBA
E2808B3(either I or 1 not to clear)

5H23......................................8853

Hope somebody can help
Thanks Rick.

Thanks I have already downloaded the manual but it is only the user manual.

After a more detailed examination the CRT seems to be similar to the tubes in small portable TV units as the display is used to display Menus etc.

I have a seven inch CRT (Diagonal) that I will use to test the unit but the original is 5 inch Diagonal.

As these TVs can be bought dirt cheap if it works on the seven inch tube I will purchase a five inch TV and strip it for the tube.

A damn site cheaper than a new scope.

Not as such it would seem to be a standard monochrome CRT using deflection coils. The manual gives details of screen lines etc.

The larger tube worked well enough to show that the unit is serviceable though the image was distorted due to incorrect EHT, focus voltage etc.

So now I'm on the look out for a smaller tube.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back