Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Got my first Oscilliscope!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuper

Hey all, wanted to share my experience in buying an oscilliscope. I was in the market and utterly confused by the variety of options. I am, however, very fortunate in that my company is right next door to these guys: DIY Mic Preamp Kits - Seventh Circle Audio Tim totally hooked me up with info and I thought I would pass along what I found, er bought!

It was recommended that I go pick up an old analog scope, specifically the Tektronix 465 series as it was a very popular series of scope. I got a 465M, which is a 100mhz dual channel scope. I bought mine on Ebay for $195 and it was recently calibrated. Make sure you get one that is calibrated.

The guys at 7th circle also said that you can still find replacement parts and if the thing breaks it provides a really good learning experience troubleshooting. You can get a dead unit for harder to replace parts but over all its a good scope for a beginner.

Its kind of funny using a scope that is almost as old as I am, 36!

Good for you. I hope it gives you many years of dependable service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back