Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Got it wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

gramo

The PICKit 2 is $34.95 from microchip, and they come Fully Assembled, and in an enclosure and ~US$12 for shipping to anywhere in the world

To top it off they are driven by USB (so they suit laptops without COM ports), and will program pretty much every PIC out there, **broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

A series of twelve lessons are provided that cover I/O, interrupts, A/D converters, data tables and timers, with an additional lesson covering debugging features. All source code for the lessons is furnished. It's all in Assembler, but that's a great building block leading up to higher languages.

It even has real time debugging support for selected devices.

I believe I quoted $49.95, that’s the correct value if you buy a low key development board with them, but not for the PICKit 2 on its own :(

Last edited:
Got mine for 15UKP from farnell. Didn't bother with the dev board, as I have a few of my own. I haven't tried the debugging yet, as its only available for the newer devices, none of which I have, but a useful feature for the future nonetheless. I say, shop around, microchip and atmel are reducing their prices trying to get loyal customers. I've seen the USB ISP2 for AVR's going for under 20USD as well. S'all good :D

Blueteeth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back