Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Google +1

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's it do? It is on the top of the page. Are we voting for the entire forum? Isn't the fact that we visit the forum several times a day and contribute enough? That is just my +1 (aka $0.02) worth.

John

Hi John,

I'm not too familiar with but i have heard that it increases search exposure and will attract more people to the site when we get more votes.

Here is a quote from google:

The +1 button is shorthand for "this is pretty cool" or "you should check this out."

Click +1 to publicly give something your stamp of approval. Your +1's can help friends, contacts, and others on the web find the best stuff when they search.

https://www.google.com/+1/button/

Google+ is a social networking site that gives you the same experience as Facebook.It has circles,hangouts,pictures etc where you can share pictures,videos etc with your friends.They haven't made it available to all.You can register using your email address now and be the first to be its member.

I don't know about you guys but I find the whole Facebook culture very childish and one which this respected site shouldn't be emulating.
Why should we care how many votes we get?
IMHO (as a cynic) the main purpose of the +1 gizmo is to gather info on site use and feed it back to Google or their advertisers to guide targeted-advertising strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back