Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

good sound player....

Status
Not open for further replies.

krogersaurus

ive been working on a project for a while, and just a few hours ago i finished soldering the main part of it. my next step after that was to put in a "biuld-a-sound" recodable sound device which i got from biuld-a-bear. the intent was simple: rip out the batteries (3 LR44 button cells i think), solder the switch that plays the reocrded sound closed, and set it up so that when power goes through it, it plays. all you really need to know is that the power going into the device comes out of a CMOS 4017 decade counter, and that it is the same voltage (4.5V) as the batteries in there before.

but, when i opened the thing up, in my exitement, i must have put the positive and negative terminals on in reverse, and turned on my circuit without thinking. well, thats what i think i did anyways. but now, the stupid thing is broken. if it were like any other part, i would just go out and get another. unfortunatley, they cost $8, so i want to figure out what i did wrong. or, even better yet, find another, more inexpensive way to record sounds and play them on command. any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back