Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Good place to have custom cables made?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triode

My work has moved me to a position where I don't have time to make all our cables anymore. I've searched online but there are too many things "custom made cables" can mean. Even if it's like $200 a cable, for now that would be ok. What I would like is to be able to specify the connectors, connections and length and just get it made. For example DB15 female on one end, 2mm pitch 12 pin female on the other, list of pin to pin links, and they make it up for us. Is there a good place to go for this? I know it seems like we should just make them ourselves, but we only have high level engineers right now, and getting a full compliment of cable making tools and having one of them spend hours making cables is also a big expense.

Any suggestions?

These guys https://www.krp.com/ did it for me many many years ago. I have no idea if they would do it now. I had just a few process cables that I needed, noting special. Basically D series connectors to wire ends or D series connectors. I only needed a few of them.

You might search for "contract manufacturers." Then weed through the results for ones that do electronic cables.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back