Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

good PIC programmer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PICKIT1

marxmax said:
The PIC KIT1 programmer specified in microchip Aplication notes is designed for programming 8/14 pin devices. Can it be used for programming larger PICs like 16F877A. Currently i am using a JDM based programmer with ICPROG which works perfectly. I build this programmer few months ago, but the thing is it is using the Com port. So now i want to build a progammer with a USB interface so i can use it with my laptop too.

The PICKIT1 is a true USB programmer (the DIY ones aren't), as such the actual programming is done by the PIC onboard (a 16C745 OTP device). In order to program non-supported devices you would have to program a new 16C745 (writing all the extra code required), plus rewrite the PC interface section - not a trivial job!.

If you want to use a USB programmer, I would suggest the DIY ones, as mentioned previously.

Hi there,
If you really need it fast then go for Oshonsoft Software download(eval) But is really good for emergency works. Only works for limited PIC's.
Regards
Yatin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back