Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

good online parts shop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
digikey, mouser, allelectronics are the ones that I use. You should definitely get a catalog from mouser and digikey though, its impossible to order without one. You can request one for free on their websites.

I find mouser often has more of what I am looking for, and often at better prices than digikey, but their online part search system is completely worthless, there's no easy way to filter down to exactly what you're looking for. Ordering from mouser without a paper catalog in hand is a headache waiting to happen.

Digikey has a great system of filtering whereby you can get right down to just what you're looking for, and for that reason, even though the selection and prices aren't always better, I almost always order from digikey. You still have to be pretty familiar with exactly what you're looking for (voltage ratings, part types, recognizing SMD vs. through-hole components by their package names, etc) to really use their online system effectively... if you're not as sure, the catalog is more helpful, everything's more organized and there are diagrams of the devices.

Jameco is great for certain things, like certain connectors and stuff, where they often have good prices.

All electronics is awesome if they have what you want, but it's pretty hit-or-miss since it's surplus... but they are VERY cheap.

if you are looking for just a couple very common components, try glitchbuster.com... it's run by this guy named Randy who keeps a small selection of some really common parts, and his prices are good, and it's usually about $1.85 for shipping, versus the $7-8 shipping plus $5 handling charge you would normally pay for small orders at digikey.

Other surplus places:
MPJA
MECI
Electronics Goldmine
BG Micro
as well as the aforementioned All Electronics and Jameco.

Newark and Future Electronics are good primary suppliers too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back