Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Good idea or bad? A PIC 18F47J13 with PICKit2 ICD in Arduino form

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueroomelectronics

Just putting the idea out there.

I'm putting a new board together but in the process I got to thinking what if I put a PICkit 2 compatible ICD and 18F47J13 on an Arduino UNO type layout (so you can use their shields)

A basic PICkit 2 is very easy to build and a terrific little programmer that has a UART & logic probe mode.

The 18F47J13 is a very powerful 3.3V PIC with several re-mappable I/O pins and many are 5V input tolerant. It can easily replicate the I/O and peripherals found on the ATmega328. It's dual UARTs would come in handy for some projects.

Another option is no programmer, just a FT232RL (like the older Arduinos) and a 6 pin header for a PICkit 2 / 3. This would require a form of bootloader or make the ICD necessary.

Comments & suggestions welcome.

Last edited:
you have lost me!!! easy i know. are you saying a pk2 that can program arduino?? or have i got it wrong?

The PICkit was instead of the FT232 (programmer / serial port) and the 18F27J13 replaces the ATmega328 found on the Arduino UNO.
PCB header layout compatible with an Arduino.

It's not software compatible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back