Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Good fortune!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oznog

No sh*t- this actually just happened:

I got an order from Digikey. Inside the bag for 2x 555 SOIC timers, labeled as such, were instead 2x RCM2200 Rabbit Developer Boards.

I'm not kidding. Instead of a $0.50 part I got a $55. Two of them, no less.

How does the Rabbit compare to the PIC? I'm trying to decide what to do with this little mistake. Is the C programming language they use available free?

I still need my 555's. I wonder if somebody who orders two Rabbit systems ended up with 2x 555's in the bag?

It's got a 10Base-T ethernet port on it- and the software implements a TCP/IP stack!

But it looks like the software is pricey- like $200 for the basic compiler and $500 for the compiler with a bunch of software modules (I think that's the one implementing the TCP/IP stuff).

Maybe I should order a few more 555s, then Digikey may send me the complete Developer's Kit with the software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back