Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Good day today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nigel Goodwin

Super Moderator
Most Helpful Member
It's been a good day :D

I've been out and bought a Kindle this morning, and downloaded a few books - nice toy, and I've downloaded books that aren't out on paper yet.

I've also been getting on with a project I'm involved in, developing a GSM modem based PIC device. One requirement is that it needs to send a regular text message to keep the SIM and network connections working - I've decided to do this every 28 days. I've got that part working today (displaying the actual time on an LCD so you can see what's happening), and currently have it set to send a text message every hour for testing - it's just done the first one :D

Next I'll alter the code to send a message a day, and run that for a few days - the changes are a simple matter of swapping the flag it checks.

So a good day, things are working well :D

Hi Nigel

I figure all days are good days just some better than others. :)

Sounds like you had a real good day, getting things done and adding a new toy (Kindle). Nice when days go well isn't it.

Ron

Sounds like you had a real good day, getting things done and adding a new toy (Kindle). Nice when days go well isn't it.

Yes it is nice :D

I left my PIC project running, and it sent me a text every hour like I set it to (for three hours) - next I'll set it daily, and make sure that's fine as well.

Yea at 7.50 am this morning I got called up for an interview at a bottling plant not that far from home. The equipment has really been run down and it does look like a nice little number, only 5 days a week and a good salary. I'll know later in the week if I get the job but it has brightened up the start of the week for us so it does look like things are getting better. Last night I got an order for a solar charge controller and a firm order on the 160 amp dumpload circuit I'm designing. After near 5 years in a job that was just a dead end and we were going backwards the future does look bright.

Cheers Bryan

Well that's great Brian. Hopefully a new job looms on the horizon for you. Funny how sometimes things finally come together.

Our weekend was interesting. On Friday we got a new addition, that being a 9 month old puppy. We already had one dog but have always had two or more around here. We had to put my Bear down after 14 years last September. The puppy is funny to watch, great source of entertainment. :)

Ron

Well guys I started that new job today and yes the place is in a mess so it will take a heap of work to get it back to 100%, had a breakdown thrown on me as soon as I got to work on the first day too. Well after quickly remembering how to tig weld 316 SS I managed to get the screening machine back online by 11.30am then spent the rest of day cleaning up the workshop which is a huge mess. This job will certainly be a nice challenge, but eh who wants a deadend job anyway.

Cheers Bryan

Congrats, bryan1. I also ran into a big mess a couple yrs ago. There was an accumulation of stuff that people would just leave and I know exactly what your talking about. It's a chore to keep up on especially from project to project.

kv

Good going Brian and congratulations. Sounds like your services were well needed.

Ron

Congratulations Brian, glad you got the job. It must have been the week for leaving deadend jobs, I just got a new job on tuesday too, im moving on from cutting aluminium in a window & door factory to a job as a test engineer in an automotive electronics firm :) just working my week (and a day) notice and start a week monday. Im really looking forward to doing electronics again.

Congratulations Brian, glad you got the job. It must have been the week for leaving deadend jobs, I just got a new job on tuesday too, im moving on from cutting aluminium in a window & door factory to a job as a test engineer in an automotive electronics firm :) just working my week (and a day) notice and start a week monday. Im really looking forward to doing electronics again.

InventionUnlimited, Excellent. It's good to hear. People still able to find work. Inspiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back