Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

good but cheap NIMH AA batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dog812

anyone had any luck with any cheap AA rechargeable NIMH batts?
I see lots on ebay but dont trust them

I own 12 Energizer AA Ni-MH cells. In a pack of 4 their price is fairly low.
I have never had a problem with them.
They are made in Japan.

I've got a dozen or so AAs, 600mAH, not sure what to do with them. Not even half the capacity of cheap ones. They came out of solar yard lights I up graded. Walmart usually has an 8 pack for around $12, last ones were Rayovac 2100 mAH, seem to be okay. They had some Duracell a while back, but self discharged in only a couple of weeks. Energizer seems to hold their charge for months in my camera...

There are new Ni-MH cells now that have a little less capacity than before (2200mAh instead of 2500mAh) but they hold the charge for about 6 months.

EDIT: Solar garden lights are made in China where they don't care that cadmium is a deadly toxin so they use old Ni-Cad cells instead of safer and newer Ni-MH cells.

Last edited:
new NiMH AAs? We just purchased a premium pack of Sanyo eneloops. They come precharged and hold their charge for a year. We put a pair in our most used camera a few weeks ago and have not had to change them yet :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back