Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Going away again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope it's a fun trip and not anything serious.

kv

Last edited:
Have fun buddy :) bring souvenirs....

I have heard horror stories of people posting on FB that they were taking a trip only to return to the scene of a burglary. Hopefully your address is not easily gotten from the internet, or you are leaving someone at home, you just told the world you will be gone for a week.

yeah mike, i too have heard those stories, horrifying...

I have heard horror stories of people posting on FB that they were taking a trip only to return to the scene of a burglary. Hopefully your address is not easily gotten from the internet, or you are leaving someone at home, you just told the world you will be gone for a week.

Only I am going, my wife is staying at home :D

You back yet Nigel ???

A Week is up now and no pictures. Getting worried here :(

Regards,
tvtech

Back now - had a good time, decent weather - "Hadrian's Wall" has a tendency to be more like "Hadrian's barbed wire fence" though :p

The few surviving parts though are fairly impressive (even though not much of them are left), you have to think there were a little crazy to build a wall where they did :D

Here's a sample picture, looking back down on the wall from the top of the next hill - not a very clear day, as you can see.

DSC00960.jpg

hi Nigel,
The Romans working by the book for building Roman walls and positioning the Forts and 'Entry gates',, did you see the 'Entry Gate' in the wall thats at top a cliff!.?:rolleyes:

Eric

sorry if i sound negative, but looks cold/chilly there :S

sorry if i sound negative, but looks cold/chilly there :S

It was fairly warm, I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt :D - but it was fairly foggy and somewhat dull (by this picture it had cleared a bit though!).

On the picture the 'barbarians' were on the left side of the wall, although this section of the wall wasn't very prone to attack - not surprising when much of it has cliffs in front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back