Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

gluing flat ribbon cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

nclark

Hi,

my Braun ThermoScan ear thermoneter died and after opening it I found out the the ribbon cable that goes to the LCD display was detached. When applying pressure to the ribbon cable on the LCD screen it works ok.

The problem is that the ribbon cable was glued to the glass lcd screen. What kind of glue is used to glue these ribbons to lcd glass screens?

I could take a picture of it if you need it to understand the problem.

Could be that electrically conductive silver loaded glue so often used for emergency track repairs to pcb's , or its modern equivelent.

The silver epoxy sounds good, but the traces are so close together I think it might mess things up more than anything.

Has anyone of you ever used this stuff, is it possible to make traces that are about 1 mm apart without bridging them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back