Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GLCDs in Proteus

Status
Not open for further replies.

luismgc

Hello.

I'm trying to run a simulation using Proteus for the HDG12864F-1, a serial interface GLCD from Hantronix. I looked up several data sheets, application notes and code examples for the controller SED1565 but it doesn't seem to work. I also checked out the code from the thread Graphic LCD 96x64 w/ SED1565 Controller and I believe it's pretty much the same procedure.

Do you know if there are any problems with Proteus simulating these parts? I also tried using the NOKIA7110 using the same code connecting the equivalent pinnout but it doesn't work either.

Are there any considerations concerning external components or properties? Or maybe speed for the SPI communication?

I'm also posting a zip file with the specific subroutines i'm using to initialize and interface with the GLCD (not the whole code).

I really appreciate any help you could give me.

Thanks.

Attachments

• GLCDs in Proteus.zip
    21.4 KB · Views: 489
there are some graphic lcd design samples in proteus, run them and pause the sim then look at the source file, i find most problems with proteus sims turn out to be set up related and sometimes what works for real dosnt on proteus. my problems with lcd on proteus are nearly always clock related so now i comment out the setup configs for the speed in the code and let proteus handle that on its own, then in the real project i uncomment them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back