Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GLCD PG12864-F T 6963C controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

richard.c

Hi,

Wondered if anyone can advise me on a UK source or equivalent part for the above Powertip Glcd.

Its the one used in the EPE magazine projects - that was originally stocked by RS - however RS now say its no longer available and use the 532 7120 by Displaytech.

According to the Displaytech spec sheet this uses a S6B0724 controller, which I have read, has page orientated video memory whereas the PG12864 uses the T6963C controller which has linear oriented video memory.

As I understand it then, the DisplayTech unit will not be compatible with the original EPE software.

Would be good if someone could advise my assumption is correct and of a known equivalent that will work with the EPE projects.

thanks

Richard

Last edited:
p.s.

Just in case you are wondering why I am asking here - and not the EPE forum, - I did register with them, but then they reply saying it will be a few days before they let you know if you are accepted ....:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back