Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Glass brush?

Status
Not open for further replies.

szzuk

I need to clean some pzt electrodes with a "glass brush" to remove the oxidation layer. So what exactly is a glass brush? And how can any brush remove oxidation without it being aggressive?

Thanks,

Szzuk

Don't fully understand your question, but...

What, exactly, is a PZT electrode? Is it simply an electrode that make a contact (i.e., soldering) point for a PZT device?

A glass brush, traditionally, is just a relatively soft bristled brush used to clean bottles (like a glass baby bottle). As such, they are not particularally "aggressive", as in "scratchy".

Now, there are fiber glass brushes that are made to mechanically de-oxidize solder pads. Is that what you are referring to?

Like this: https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/pcb-cleaning-brushes/0514868/

Last edited:
Is it simply an electrode that make a contact (i.e., soldering) point for a PZT device?

Yes.
A glass brush, traditionally, is just a relatively soft bristled brush used to clean bottles (like a glass baby bottle). As such, they are not particularally "aggressive", as in "scratchy".

Now, there are fiber glass brushes that are made to mechanically de-oxidize solder pads. Is that what you are referring to?

Well I have some written instructions saying use a glass brush to de-oxidize but I can't see it making any difference. So I think I need something else, perhaps a fibre glass brush, what exactly are they?

You didn't say where you are, so Google: fiberglass brush pen

Ken

You might also find one at an car parts/accessories shop - I believe Halfords sell them in the UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back