Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Giant, Old Laptop screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone-

Was at the local thrift store a few weeks ago (doing my usual scouting for parts), and noticed a laptop. I bought it mostly for the 286 (working on a robot and needed a processor), but the LCD was a bonus. It's from a NEC ProSpeed 286, and has 16 Hitachi HD61104s on it, in two banks of eight. One bank is labeled "SEG-UPPER" and the other "SEG-LOWER." There is also another board that all of the interface wires come in, labeled LM817DXF. There are three (power?) wires that run directly into the side of the LCD (2 white one black, I was thinking 2 + voltages and a gnd.) I've scoured Google and can't seem to find anything. Hope someone can help. I might post pics on my site (if I have the time...) Oh, the interface connector has 20 pins...I would give more info on a controller but the board it plugged into also controlled the VGA and most of the traces (i could see) ran from the GPU. If you need more info feel free to ask :wink: I'll also do some research into how big the screen (in pixels) is.

Thanks,
"The Infamous Bob"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back