Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

getting that "wet/musty basement smell" out of a $

Status
Not open for further replies.

moody07747

How do you suggest getting that "wet/musty basement smell" out of a $600 Roland TD10 drum module?

https://www.roland.com/products/en/TD-10/index.html
**broken link removed**

3 days ago i picked up a new TD10 for my drumset and the smell is not really noticable but its still there.

I used a damp cloth with water to wipe it down good but the smell is still noticeable...

The owner had it with all his equipment in his damp basement for 2 years and it seems to have taken on the smell though the unit itself was only used twice and is like new.

I thought about that Febreeze stuff but im not sure I want to spray that at the unit as it would get into the sliders and distroy the control of them or something.......Maby use some with a cloth and wipe it on?...will that harm any of the print or plastic?

The smell is probably on the inside as well though.

I will take any and all ideas to get rid of this smell.....Thanks.

Hiya moody,
Eh mate you might want to try soda of bicarbonate which you can get from the local supermarket and just put it in a bowl then put it in the drum for a day or so. My wife reckon's that could do the trick for you and it won't cost more than a dollar or so to try it.

Hope this helps

Cheers Bryan :D

i dont think i can fit a bowl inside my drum module

you do know im talking about this nice $600 module...right?

the drums are no problem at all....

i hate putting anything liquid next to electronics though......and with a pricetag like this it aint gunna happen

This is a discontinued Module and is one of the better units Roland came out with so its not like i can go and buy a new one.

i suggest those nifty tree (pinetree) shaped smelly things that normaly hang from a cars rearview miroor. cover the area with those bastards for a week or so and the smell should be gone. nothing wet either. ;)

also i heared in the news that our goverment plans to start planting big ones in the smelly dock and factory regions of our capitol city ;)

i second the recommendation for sodium bicarbonate, otherwise called Baking Soda.

it's not a liquid, it's a powder ... take your drum machine apart, and dust the plastic shell liberally with the powder and let it sit for a few days

once you have it all disassembled, if the circuit boards themselves smell, you could clean 'em with PCB cleaner or just alcohol

dot it all out...opened it all up and cleaned out the shell with one of those computer wipes being careful to ceep it off the clear plastics and words.....worked like a charm...thanks

ill make another post with a few sound samples i just recorded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back