Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Getting started! =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eliaas

Hi everyone!
This is the first time I actually sign up in a forum to get someones optinion, so be gentle!

The goal is to get into electronics, but I don't exactly know what to purchase in order to get started for these milestone projects I made for myself:

- USB Ni-MH battery charger
- Radio receiver
- Radio transmitter

Any suggestions on parts and tools needed?

multi-meter(digital), soldering iron(maybe a 25watt Weller), rosin core solder(small diameter). a soldering iron stand(the spring and sponge thing)
perhaps a de-solderer(or a copper wick), a small bread board to prototype your projects on and to help test them, a couple of different sized strip boards for making more permanent circuits on. some good quality wire strippers, some side dykes(dikes?), maybe a helping hands( has movable arms with alligator clips) good work space with ample lighting. some sorta fan to suck the solder smoke away from you(stuff's nasty).
as far as components go it all depends on what schematics you have for those three projects. get what ever parts they stipulate on them. hope that helps.

multi-meter(digital), soldering iron(maybe a 25watt Weller), rosin core solder(small diameter). a soldering iron stand(the spring and sponge thing)
perhaps a de-solderer(or a copper wick), a small bread board to prototype your projects on and to help test them, a couple of different sized strip boards for making more permanent circuits on. some good quality wire strippers, some side dykes(dikes?), maybe a helping hands( has movable arms with alligator clips) good work space with ample lighting. some sorta fan to suck the solder smoke away from you(stuff's nasty).
as far as components go it all depends on what schematics you have for those three projects. get what ever parts they stipulate on them. hope that helps.

Good start. And an absolute passion for Electronics complete with an inquiring mind (once you get the hang of it). Electronics that is.

Good luck

Electronics is the one hobby you can practice till the day you die. No walking involved, no running involved, no driving involved etc.

Just reasonable eyesight and two hands that can still move. Jeeperz, you don't even need legs.

Cheers

Good start. And an absolute passion for Electronics complete with an inquiring mind (once you get the hang of it). Electronics that is.

Good luck

Electronics is the one hobby you can practice till the day you die. No walking involved, no running involved, no driving involved etc.

Just reasonable eyesight and two hands that can still move. Jeeperz, you don't even need legs.

No doubt about it! I think I will do this the rest of my life, starting with new interesting projects and so on. One day in distant future I will build a semi-autonomic chopper! dreamt about it since I was like 10, and I'm 22 now so I thought it might be time to get started. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back