Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

getting started

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebulb

Im trying to learn more about electronics and microcontrollers, i just want to learn enough to make a few things id like to make every now and then and have some fun at the same time.. Ive really got no knowledge at all at this atage but i want to learn.. Would anyone have a good suggestion on a website to read or a place to get info and steer me in the right direction ? Are there any beginners projects to recommend which will take in a lot of common components and would cover most of the basics to get someone started ?

Ive got a project i want to work towards already which i posted about here..

https://www.electro-tech-online.com...a-video-camera-please-help.106282/#post869246

Appreciate any help..

if you don't know anything whatsoever that project is a bit too much, it would result in loads of burnt out parts, and spending too much money...
start by getting an led flashing with a 555, or transistors, then get a micro controller, like picaxe, or arduino, both are super easy to use, that will get you stated in programming...

Brown Out... Thanks for that link, its really excellent source of info.. Last night i got myself up past the section on ohms and the way the writer explains it is fairly easy to follow.. Im looking forward to finishing it now..

Amando.. That project is my mid term goal.. I mainly want to convert the joystick to control the tripod head first and then i'll worry about the LANC afterwards.. Im told the tripod head is plain old analog and responds to voltage inputs so im hopeful that side of it wont be too hard...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back