Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

getting started with pic programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDEB

Have looked at starting with pic programming but where to start and how does one obtain snippets of code as I have looked at several programs and the code looks like jibberish.It sounds like it is supposed to be easy to write code but which one??
found several sites that talk about building a programming board to connect to computer but ??

PIC Programmer

am confused in Idaho
any direction would be helpful

Have looked at starting with pic programming but where to start and how does one obtain snippets of code as I have looked at several programs and the code looks like jibberish.It sounds like it is supposed to be easy to write code but which one??
found several sites that talk about building a programming board to connect to computer but ??

PIC Programmer

am confused in Idaho
any direction would be helpful

hi,
I have made the parallel prommer from the winpicpro for other users, no problems.. I have the PIC Start+ its a bit pricey.

Bill's 'blueroom' has some excellent kits.

What code snippets are you having trouble with? The easiest way to program a PIC would be with BASIC.

I have done a Tic Tac Toe program for a PIC16F628 in assembly.

Getting someone to program in BASIC is like getting them to learn Russian to be able to write a book in English.

If you say BASIC is so easy, why has no-one written a program like this in BASIC?

The PIC has 35 instructions with each instruction easy to read, just like a miniature sentence.

If you look at the BASIC programs for the chips I am describing, you will find they are all simply a few instructions to turn something on and off. They never get past the equivalent of a few sub-routines.

When you get to complex requirements, that's when the problem starts.

The same with the STAMP concept. I have had a discussion with the Parallax CEO over this. He claimed the STAMP had "token PIC instructions. What absolute rubbish. The Stamp could have an ATMEL processor and the instructions would be the same. See how they are fooling people into thinking they are a "PIC Programmer."

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back