Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
Resource icon

Getting Started with Android Programming: Creating Your First App 2014-10-01

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerStrom8

Super Moderator
DerStrom8 submitted a new article:

Getting Started with Android Programming: Creating Your First App - A tutorial to help you write a simple Hello World! Android application

With mobile devices becoming more and more commonplace in the modern world, it has become easier for the average person to write their own applications designed to run on smartphones and tablets. One of the most popular operating systems in the world is Android, an open-source platform built around the Linux kernel, currently developed by Google. The most common programming language used to create apps for Android devices is Java, which contains a massive collection of libraries designed...

Read more about this article...

Nice work Matt.

Chuck

(I can't see how to do a review)

Thanks very much Chuck.

I think "Reviews" are simply comments made on the article page.

Regards,
Matt

Thanks very much Chuck.

I think "Reviews" are simply comments made on the article page.

Regards,
Matt
No probs Matt.

A couple of us on ETO are learning about the Arduino and I found your article very interesting and informative.

Hmm, how do you make comments on the article page- I thought that only the originator could post on an article, or have I missed something?

Chuck

No probs Matt.

A couple of us on ETO are learning about the Arduino and I found your article very interesting and informative.

"Arduino"? This article is about Android programming (mobile phone apps) :p

Hmm, how do you make comments on the article page- I thought that only the originator could post on an article, or have I missed something?

Chuck

You know what, I bet it's a permissions issue. I think the permissions may have been reset during the last software update, so it's no longer possible to leave comments on articles without the proper permissions. Perhaps that's what the "Discussion" is designed for. Just thinking out loud here.

Regards,
Matt

"Arduino"? This article is about Android programming (mobile phone apps) :p

Oh dear. How wrong can you be. I did say I was learning. This is not the first time I have mixed Android and Arduino.:banghead:

You know what, I bet it's a permissions issue. I think the permissions may have been reset during the last software update, so it's no longer possible to leave comments on articles without the proper permissions.

I think you are right: I simply do not have a way to to input a review with a star rating like the other ETO members have done.

Perhaps that's what the "Discussion" is designed for.

That's what I thought, but we are in "Discussion'' now and I still can't do a review.

All the best

Chuck

Yes, my point was that the discussion is a replacement for the "review" process. I wonder if dmiyares could check the permissions and see if he can re-enable the review feature for everyone. I can do it for individuals but this is something that we'd probably want done site-wide.

Yes, my point was that the discussion is a replacement for the "review" process. I wonder if dmiyares could check the permissions and see if he can re-enable the review feature for everyone. I can do it for individuals but this is something that we'd probably want done site-wide.
Thanks Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back