Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

getting audio out through USB

Status
Not open for further replies.

TtOoWwAa

hi, i'm using a mac book pro 13' and that has 1 jack which can be used for either input or output and that's being used to record instruments or from mics but i want to be able to use my external speakers too so i was thinking about using the USB port to do this.

can anybody tell me what i will need to achive this (theres only 1 cable that comes from my speakers)

also i need to make sure this setup will work in Garageband, which is the recording and editing program i am using.

This is the cheapest and most practical way you are going to do it.

**broken link removed**

it says that the software for this device is only compatble with windows and i need something in the UK

Last edited:
is it a sound card i need or an adapter box or cable or a audio interface.

even if they can all do the same job which one is necessary just for what i want, i wont need any other features on a device as well as what i need, that also might save me money.

is it a sound card i need or an adapter box or cable or a audio interface.

even if they can all do the same job which one is necessary just for what i want, i wont need any other features on a device as well as what i need, that also might save me money.

Basically all the same thing as far as USB is concerned, the link I posted looks to do what you want for almost no money at all, stupidy cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back