Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

getting a timebase in 68k assembler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Llamarama

Hello everyone, I've been set a homework task to screate a simple stopwatch program in 68 assembler, taking advantage of 16 bit numbers.

I know how how I'd get the minutes and seconds to work (heavy use of DIVU), however i can't think of a way to get a signal in milliseconds.

I can call up the system time in milliseconds, but the count must start from 0.

I'm working on a 68k simulator too so i'm unsure of the clock speed.

Any input would be greatly appreciated, many thanks. Mike

Without knowing the clock freq or using an external reference then you will have to bodge it throught trial and error.

You only actually need the milli seconds and derive the rest from that. I posted a similar method recently so do a search on my postings in the last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back