Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Getting a kemo Infrared kit to make a mouse click

Status
Not open for further replies.

m&j

Hi Guys
Totally new to this, but I have successfully assembled a kemo "Infared light barrier 5m" kit.

I want it to be able to, instead of lighting up a led (which it does to show the beam is broken)- I would like it to click the button of a mouse instead. I have the wires connected up to the microswitch in the mouse (so that when i connect them together it does a click). So i connected up the wires from the mouse button to where the led gets connected on the circuit board and.... it doesn't work. It just holds the mouse button down continuously.

Im wanting to use this for frame by frame animation so ,when I pass through the infrared beam the mouse will trigger software and capture a video frame.

Can anyone suggest what i could do to get this to work?

First I don't have a schematic of a mouse handy so I'll venture a guess. The left click is likely a N/O momentary push button. Measure accross what you have and see if you have 5 volts that goes away on push (click). If all the button does is switch a 5 volt logic level low then I would suggest using a chip like a 74123 (retriggerable one shot) to simulate a mouse click. A one shot negative pulse might do the trick and keep the pulse a short duration like about 500 mSec.

Also as to your current setup have you tried reversing the wires?

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back