Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Getting 230V 50Hz from Car Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clyd3

Hi, the title says what I need to do, how can I do it?
Thanks in advance, have a nice day/s.

Take a look at the C-Mos Power Inverter on my site. It can easly be made to do this.

**broken link removed**

Take care........Gary

That transistor one looks not too bad but not as Efficient as the Fet one I posted. Also No Transient Protection.

Strange Note about the collectors tied together: "to Prevent Heating"?

It is a Darlington circuit for Higher Transistor Gain, what has it to do with heating?

Additionally Paralleled output transistors should have a small resistor in each emitter path to offset for small differences in these transistors. Or else one may draw considerably more current than the other, causing failure.

Transformer info would also be helpful for the amateur. 500 watt will require a pretty Big Transformer.

Gary

thanks

Thanks a lot, I checked both ideas and thanks.
So, just to double check, will these be suitable to use in a car?
By the way Chemelec, have you considered another host for your site, or will you take your site offline if you get shut down?

chemelec said:
Additionally Paralleled output transistors should have a small resistor in each emitter path to offset for small differences in these transistors. Or else one may draw considerably more current than the other, causing failure.

I agree, it's not a practical circuit, it's not a question of "one may draw more current", it's more that "one WILL draw more current" - causing overheating and rapid failure.

Also, I doubt 4x2N3055's could handle a 500W inverter, it's pushing things very, very hard.

Hi Clyd3, If I get Shut down, it will depend on what else I can find. I also have a site on Freeweb.com, but unless you Pay, it only allows one
up-load at a time. Good Site but Slow to upload that way.

Geocities is Not an option as I hate Pop-ups.

My Unit works Very Well in a car.
For 500 watts, I definately recommend a Modified Microwave transformer.

Take care..........Gary

I don’t say this circuit is the perfect choice but I don’t agree with you on the emitter resistors. Paralleled transistors fully saturated (almost no voltage across) will not need emitter resistors.

Ante :roll:

OK we don't agree, but I would recommend 0.1 ohm resistors.

Take care......Gary

Yes Thats better, But I still prefer my design. Mos-Fets have Much lower losses and Heating problems in this application.

Take care..........Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back