Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Get more power from H-Bridge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
addyismad said:
hi ,
i tried tat configuration...
its giving me 7.6v for an input of 5v and 17.8v for 12v.
i want something aboout 12v from 5v {if possible}...
please help me out.
With a low current load, a 7660 charge pump should give an output voltage of about 8.6V from a 5V supply. Two in series should give an output voltage of about 17.2V with even less output current.
The voltage drops with load current.

you may also want to look into some of the high-side drivers or the gate drivers that do high and low-side drive. I could be wrong, but I believe that some of these can generate proper gate voltages to drive the transistors even with lower supply voltages.

on the other hand, if going with a voltage multiplier, I have personally made a voltage tripler with a single MAX1683 to go from 5v to about 13v and it worked just fine. their supply input range goes down to 2v so it could work for your application.

i m getting 7.6 v without connecting any load.....
and how do i connect two in series?
i mean can u be a little more specific how to connect two in series,parllel is fine but how in series??

I have personally made a voltage tripler with a single MAX1683 to go from 5v to about 13v and it worked just fine. their supply input range goes down to 2v so it could work for your application.

hey evan dude,
can u jus post wat ckt u have used .
becoz i need this high voltage to drive a mos, so loading won't be tat big a problem.[/quote]

addyismad said:
i m getting 7.6 v without connecting any load.....
and how do i connect two in series?
i mean can u be a little more specific how to connect two in series,parllel is fine but how in series??
The +7.6V output of the 1st one is the positive supply for the 2nd one.
Didn't you use at least 10uF caps?

Look, you don't need a cap between pins 2 and 4 like I showed before:

Attachments

• icl7660_charge-pump.png
    icl7660_charge-pump.png
    8.1 KB · Views: 559
ok ok got the series connection method!!! really stupid of me not to think tat way..... sorry for such a stupid question...
thanks anyway...

i ve one more question.... will it drive the gates of a mosfet {the upper one in a h bridge ckt.} or will it show loading effects???

Mosfets have a high capacitance from gate to source. To charge the capacitance quickly a high momentary current is needed. The output capacitor of a charge-pump voltage multiplier shoud be able to supply the momentary current and the long pause between Mosfets switching ensures a low average current.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back