Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Generic switching transistor??

Status
Not open for further replies.

things

hi all,
I need to build a timer circuit for a fog machine, and know all the other stuff, but one thing that has got me is that it needs a "generic switching transistor"?? All this transistor has to do is switch a relay, so it doesn't have to be rated for high current. Does anyone know what make numbers some of these are?
thanks!

I think what it's meant by "generic switching transistor" would be a generic pnp or npn transistor like a 2N3906 + 2N3904 pair or 2N2907 + 2N2222 pair. Correct me if I'm wrong. You would have to do some calculations based on how much current you want and how fast you want them to switch.

well it doesn't tell me whether NPN or not, but this is the circuit i am trying to build. Fast switching is not really a prob, since it is for a fog fogtimer01.gifmachine.

ok thanks alot guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back