Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

generic sub for ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

nakman8

Hi, this is my first post!!

I am working on laptops and LCD monitors.
I have a couple of parts that I need but they
are only offer by big companies that have minimums.
Hoping to find generic equivalents.
Parts are:20N6OC2 and 40N03P. Both are to-220 style cases.

Thanks for any help given,Dennis

I thought we all lived in a yellow submarine. I'm not familiar with the generic sub. What's it like? Maaaannnn.
Those don't actually sound like industry standard part numbers. It seems like they might be OEM house branded parts. Based on their location on the board what function do you think they perform?

20N60 and 40N03 are generic power MOSFETs. Look for these base numbers at any distributor such as Digikey. Made by Fairchild, IXYS, Infineon, and Microsemi-PPG.

And be careful regarding 0 (zero) vs. o. You will not find 20n6o.

So if they are that generic they must have readily available equivalents -- Right? Be a sport and help the poor OP out.

Be a sport and help the poor OP out.
uhhhh, I hoped that naming 4 manufacturers and a U.S. supplier who sells single unit quantities would be helpful enough.

Since OP hasn't provided his location, this is the best I can do.

Well OK, I see that the OP could only manage a partial part number. That is part of what confused me originally. He did ask if there was an equivalent part. There must be some reason why the original parts he named are unsuitable. Maybe it was $4.88 each plus shipping to Timbuktu ( or whereever).

This seems to be a frequent theme. The part I need is too expensive or unavailable and I want a cheaper more available alternative. What is not mentioned is the complete lack of ability to search for an alternative and modify the design to accomodate the supposed alternative. It may also be the case that there is no alternative. If you want to copy a circuit then you kinda need to pay the freight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back