Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

generator voltage regulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
All you need to do is rectify the AC to provide DC to the field and design an amplifier that will operate with a voltage reference to regulate the field current. Look up automotive alternator regulator, it is the same thing.

new

field controler dc voltage this voltage field 10 v dc 440v
diesel 1800rpm 60 hz
and 120 voltage referance voltage have

You need to desin a circuit to monitor the output voltage and increase the field if it drops too low and increases it if it's too high. I don't know that much about this looking at an automotive alternator would be a good start.

Hello,

I am not discouraging you to built your own AVR or Generator Field Exciter however, if it involves high KVA Generator,its better and safer not to work with this expensive and dangerous experiment, there is a lot of variables involve in such design,it may take 1 man-year to built it! ,however if you really want to, I can send you an old copy of sample design from my collection.

Cheers!

Hello,

I am not discouraging you to built your own AVR or Generator Field Exciter however, if it involves high KVA Generator,its better and safer not to work with this expensive and dangerous experiment, there is a lot of variables involve in such design,it may take 1 man-year to built it! ,however if you really want to, I can send you an old copy of sample design from my collection.

Cheers!

Hi,

My name is Sude. I am looking for AVR schematic for a AC alternator and came across your above post. I would really appreciate if you would be kind enough to send me a copy of your sample design. The specs of the alternator are as follows.

1) 100 KVA, 410 volts 50 Hz
2) Exciter voltage 6.78 volts for 410 volts out put with no load.
3) Exciter current around 750 ma

Many thanks.

Sude

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back