Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Generating 220VDC 4A power for Contact Rating Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHUPPANDI

I need to generate 220V DC rectified from mains with suitable capacitor. I need to load my four micro switches in parallel with 4A load (with each node 1A). Can anybody help me choosing the values of capacitor and the diode for 4A. I've already blown off the Diodes BY127+330mfd which i used to connect earlier with 1A load.

I'd appreciate some immediate help... thanx in advance guys...

Attachments

• CONTACT RATING SETUP.pdf
    19.4 KB · Views: 171
You can use Digikey's parametric search to find a diode or bridge rectifier package that will meet your needs. You don't have to buy from digikey but it will suggest parts that meet your requirements.
In order to determine the size of the capacitor you have to define the allowable DC voltage variance.

https://www.tpub.com/neets/book7/27e.htm

may help in determining the exact value you need, if cost/size isn't too much of an issue larger is almost always better, it would be safe to say however that if you quadruple the capacitor value you should be close to what you need since you're quadrupling your current, the ESR of the cap needs to be the same or preferably lower though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back