Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Generate negative voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

prprog

Can a 741 opamp be used to generate a negative voltage? I need to get the ouput of a dynamic mic and generate a negative voltage. If the input of the dynamic mike is 1 volt I need it to be -1. Can this be done with the 741 opamp? Is this the same as an inverting amp?

Yes, assuming that the 741 has a negative power supply! Example +5 volts and –5 volts.
This is an example of an inverting amplifier.

prprog said:
Can a 741 opamp be used to generate a negative voltage? I need to get the ouput of a dynamic mic and generate a negative voltage. If the input of the dynamic mike is 1 volt I need it to be -1. Can this be done with the 741 opamp? Is this the same as an inverting amp?

hi,
As its an ac coupled amp, you can offset the opa input using a resistive potential divider.
example: if the supply to the 741 is say +12v, set the +Vin of the 741 using a pair of resistors, to +6v.

Search this forum for ac amplifiers.

Check at https://www.analog.com for ADM8828.

It's a switched capacitor inverter. It works from +1.5 to +5.5 and can deliver a max current of 25mA. Needs two external 1µF caps only.

Boncuk

prprog said:

I think you need to give more details, your current question makes no sense?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back