Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

generate 1vAC pulse

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmarkm

I have some limited electronics experience...I wish to create a 1vAC current from a 12 vDC supply. The power requirement is small. it is to create a control current to fool my car computer into thinking that the engine is turning.
Thanks
Mark

What frequency of AC. Is it a sine wave, a square wave.....what kind of AC wave? Is the voltage RMS or peak to peak.

...it is to create a control current to fool my car computer into thinking that the engine is turning.

Mark,

you might get some ideas by reading this entire thread.

Your requirement could be accomplished with just the oscillator part of this design. Reducing the voltage after you have the pulse generator is trivial...

i guess that I need a square wave of 1/2 to 1 v peak. Normally this is generated by small metal bars passing magnet and creating a pulse to show that flywheel is turning. Just need enough to tell computer that something is happening. Thanks

Did you read the link? There are two different methods of producing varying frequency pulses which would emulate the speed pick-up from a distributor in the circuits I posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back